Perseus Telecom values each client and believes that the Internet should be friendly and easy-to-use for all customers, including those who are hearing or visually impaired, as well as those with other disabilities.
As part of the Perseus Telecom Accessibility Policy, we address these accessibility issues through the following specific measures. The Perseus Telecom website shall:
- Link to a page entitled Perseus Telecom Accessibility Policy. This page will include instructions for accessing web pages on the Perseus Telecom website.
- Maintain a consistent page layout and navigation method throughout the web site.
- Use consistent headings and structure throughout.
- Avoid the unnecessary use of icons, graphics and photographs.
- Use plain backgrounds and simple layouts to improve the readability of text.
- Ensure that foreground and background colour combinations provide sufficient contrast when viewed by someone with colour deficits or when viewed on a black and white screen.
- Provide every graphic image with an alternative text tag with a short intuitive description. If a graphic image is used as a navigation element, it will contain a text description and directions that are intuitive to the user.
- Provide every graphic image using an image map with alternative text describing the hyperlink’s destination.
- Include photographs that contribute to the content of a page with a long description or an ‘AD’ to denote an alternative description. A return link will be provided on the description page to return the user to the originating page.
- Provide descriptive, intuitive text links and avoid the use of vague references such as click, here, link or this etc. For important short links (e.g. more), include a link title for screen readers to provide an informative description/explanation when the mouse is hovered over the link.
- Include an alternative form of access for online forms, such as an email address or phone number.
- Avoid the use of frames since they create navigation problems and are not supported by all browsers.
- Include descriptive text displayed in a linear form across tables and name the cells as a reference aid.
- Conduct testing using multiple browsers for the current versions of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari.
Additional Points & Questions
- Although Adobe Systems is developing several products designed to make pdf documents more accessible to screen reading software, files in pdf format cannot currently be read by screen reading devices. In light of this, any pdf format material is only supplementary to content provided in html format.
- For optimum use of the site, please download and install, the latest plug-ins used on this site.
For More information
Perseus Telecom continually reviews our site and modifies our pages to reduce accessibility issues for people with disabilities, so please do not hesitate to send us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Third Party Sites
Although Perseus Telecom offers links to third party sites, we can be responsible neither for the content of those sites nor that of their partners or advertisers.